As Team Leader Credit and Collection you will report to the Corporate Credit & Collection Manager. You will have two main responsibilities.
- Together with the other Team Leader, you will be responsible for translating the group’s C&C strategy into collection processes and risk controls. The team leaders work closely together, but are each managing a defined portfolio of the entities. You will directly manage three colleagues as a team leader.
- Next to that, you will support the Corporate Credit & Collection Manager as an expert in risk assessment.
In concrete terms, we will assign you the following tasks:
- Motivate, mentor and manage a team of Credit Collectors/Controllers.
- Drive necessary actions to improve DSO and bad debt percentage continuously.
- Define and monitor customer credit limits and payment terms to reduce credit risk.
- Support the team, when necessary, in collection and credit activities.
- Coordinate with local finance management and sales organization to resolve customers issues and ensure timely payment.
- Optimize the insurance coverage rate.
- Follow up claims with credit insurance companies.
- Follow up provisions and collection action of doubtful debtors.
- Support the team in reviews and approvals in customer's credit hold release.
- Negotiate collection arrangements for overdue account balances.
- Review of transaction history to assess credit worthiness of existing and prospective clients.
- Retrieve information necessary for month-end close and ad hoc reports and analysis (pareto analysis, aging, daily collection trend, etc.).
- Implement credit control policies and standard procedures.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are implemented and monitored.
- Interface with auditors for audit requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Credit Management and Risk Assessment.
- Strong Knowledge of risk assessment / creditworthiness determination.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- First steps were taken in coordinating or leading a team.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with internal business partners.
- Strong communication skills (such as negotiation skills), ready to take responsibly, owner of a hands-on mentality and team player.
- Good knowledge of Dutch, English and French.
- This is a job with independence, exciting and multifaceted responsibilities in a fast-growing multinational.
- You can count on thorough training and an attractive salary package.