The Quality Manager embeds and drives a culture of quality assurance and quality improvement in all parts of the laboratory operations. You ensure that all accreditations are maintained and extended to service our customer base and retain our competitive position as a leader in the TIC sector.
- Maintenance and scope extension of all accreditations (e.g. ISO/IEC 17025) and any other regulatory requirements.
- Maintenance of the Notification/Recognition by the FOD Economy and the Belgian Maritime Administration.
- Implement and maintain the QMS, ensuring the necessary controls are in place to govern the inspection and testing undertaken.
- Effectively manage the day to day implementation of the QMS and support colleagues in its implementation.
- Prioritise activities to meet the needs of the business, colleagues and our customers.
- Ensure all testing equipment and instrumentation is calibrated at all times.
- Ensure the continued fulfilment of customer expectations through the implementation of the QMS, e.g. through effective contact review, reporting and in communication with customers or approval bodies.
- Manage assessments visits from any regulatory bodies as required.
- Ensure that any findings from assessments are responded to in line with the established quality requirements and format dictated by the assessment bodies.
- Establish and implement appropriate QA/QC programs to reduce the cost of poor quality and improve compliance to regulations, standards, company objectives and customer requirements.
- Ensure and provide effective (onboarding) Quality training and training in the electronic quality management system (eQMS) of the operational colleagues.
- Drive and monitor the implementation of eQMS ensuring full usage of the available modules.
- Implement method audits, system audits, and proficiency testing in line with the established schedule(s) and ensure these are maintained up to date.
- Organise and minute monthly quality meetings with the operational teams and maintain good working relationships with operational colleagues within Gent and the wider quality community.
You must have a
- Bachelor/Master degree (or equivalent qualification) in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- a sound working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 in relation to materials testing.
- Experience in relation to ISO/IEC 17024 or ISO/IEC 17065 is a plus.
Your further qualifications comprise:
- Proven experience in the TIC sector or a related environment (e.g. manufacturing).
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize activities.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in Dutch and English, French is a plus.
- Experience in participating in quality investigations, undertaking root cause analysis, developing corrective action plans, and ensuring the effectiveness of actions undertaken.
- Requirement to keep up to date with changes in the quality landscape and maintain personal professional development.
- Ability to identify quality and technical problems and work with colleagues to determine effective and sustainable solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and work effectively as part of a team.
- A challenging career within the TIC Sector with plenty of room for personal development and advancement opportunities.
- In Belgium we test the fire safety of various products so you can make a real impact on creating a saver world.
- You can expect competitive employement benefits including a pension plan, health insurance, meal vouchers and a cycle plan.
- Our flexible work hours will help you maintain the balance between work and private life.